Front Office Manager
The Front Office Manager is responsible for all duties of the front desk operation, which includes: staff training, inter-department communications, and staff scheduling. The Front Desk Manager works a regularly scheduled front desk shift and must be available to work any shift as needed. The Front Office Manager should possess strong communication skills and demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the Front Desk by ensuring the staff is trained and has the resources available to deliver a problem-free stay.
- Familiar with all three shifts and is responsible for finding coverage when call-ins occur.
- Is cross-trained in all departments.
- Facilitates the training of all new hires, and existing staff, to ensure everyone has a complete understanding of the job duties and are well informed of the front desk’s operations.
- Remains aware of housekeeping’s progress each day, and assists with inspections as needed.
- Communicates with Management Team regularly and ensures communication between shifts & use of the communication log.
- Promotes the “Be Hospitable” mentality at work every day
- Interviews and screens potential new hires for Front Desk.
- Ensures that all Front Desk staff is up to date on Person In Charge & Emergency Procedures training.
- Responds to Guest concern letters, e-mails & comment cards.
- Maintains Accounts Receivable files & receipts of payment.
- Maintains a menu book, local restaurants, & “Things to do” guides for Guests.
- Monitors Guest Satisfaction Scores & develops solutions for improvement areas
- Inventories Front Desk supplies & places orders when necessary.
- Follows all guidelines in the Employee Handbook & ensures policies and procedures are followed.
- Assists with developing schedules with the General Manager.
- Keeps small bills & change in the till and monitors petty cash.
- Makes deposits.
- Maintains Front Desk employee files.
- Implements new programs & policies with the assistance of the General Manager.
- Construct the weekly housekeeping time sheet.
- Assists with payroll and ensures it is accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Assists in associate development by completing reviews and holding staff accountable for actions.
- Assists management team in all aspects of hotel operation as needed.