General Manager TownePlace Suites
The Aikens Group is searching for a General Manager for a NEW 84 Room TownePlace Suites by Marriott located in Front Royal Virginia. The successful candidate is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel.
Based in Winchester, Virginia, the Aikens Group is a premier development firm in the Blue Ridge Shenandoah Valley serving the Interstate 81 and Interstate 66 corridors from Martinsburg, WV to Woodstock, VA. The company is centrally located to allow the business to grow and expand with the needs of the region. Committed to providing a standard of excellence resulting in an unprecedented level of service, Aikens Group has a tradition to live to continue. Learn more about Aikens Group.
The TownePlace Suites is an extended stay hotel in the Marriott portfolio of brands. Each guest room is designed to accommodate guests looking for a “like home” experience featuring a kitchenette in each guestroom. The properties amenities include an outdoor pool, spacious fitness center, guest laundry and outdoor living space with a grill and firepit.
The ideal candidate for this position is responsible for creating and maintaining a guest retention environment that inspires all employees to perform at their best. This individual will oversee the quality process to ensure excellence in guest satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product and services. This individual should have a drive to improve him or herself and train their associates in a manner that enables them to grow within the organization.
- Maintains guest services as the driving philosophy of the hotel
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding to guests needs.
- Is committed to making every guest completely satisfied with their stay.
- Ensures all staff is informed how to interact with the guests and the procedures on a guest complaint.
- Empowers hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
- Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external) to improve processes, products, and services
Marketing and Sales Management
- Develops and manages a sales plan based on the demand of the property to obtain new business.
- Understands the market and directs the property sales efforts to maximize on opportunities.
- Devotes a minimum of 10 hours a week building relationships with new and key accounts.
- Ensure hotel staff is familiar with key accounts and sales plan.
- Maintains a conservative budget to maximize profit margin.
- Identifies potential revenue and expense opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures staff is trained in financial control procedures are followed regularly.
- Manages the hotel’s demand segments, sources of business for each, and balances market segments according to supply and demand.
- Forecasts occupancy fluctuations and directs selling activities to maximize revenues.
Human Resource Management
- Manages human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning, and evaluation.
- Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
- Ensures hotel employees know hotel objectives of the property.
- Administers personnel policies fairly and consistently.
- Ensures personnel files are accurate and comply with both local and federal laws and regulations.
- Resolve employee grievances in a fair and timely manner.
- Ensure employees understand policies, procedures, and benefits
- Helps to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
- Ensures training objectives and development plans are completed for each team member
- Monitors and maintains acceptable turnover levels.
- Maintains physical product standards by managing preventative maintenance programs and deep-clean activities.
- Protects the interest of the hotel during capital projects.
- Consistently receives outstanding brand quality evaluations
- Remains knowledgeable of the properties overall condition in and outside of the building.
Safety and Security Management
- Knows local health and safety codes and regulations that apply to the hotel.
- Understands and implements “Right to Know” laws.
- Recognizes and corrects potential safety hazards.
- Uses ongoing safety training to minimize worker’s compensation claims.