General Manager TownePlace Suites
Aikens Group is searching for a General Manager for a NEW 84 Room TownePlace Suites by Marriott located in Front Royal Virginia.
Aikens Group is a family business and has been in existence since 1931. With 8 hotels, 500 apartments, over 2 million square feet of commercial real estate and a full-service construction company is well positioned to continue to grow along the Interstate 81 and 66 corridors from Martinsburg, WV to Woodstock, VA. Our headquarters is centrally located in Winchester, VA and we believe in Building Strong Relationships with our partners by delivering quality products and exceptional service with integrity. We strive to maintain a quality of life and work balance to our team members, who are the cornerstone of our success.
Aikens Group knows its team members are the strength of its company’s foundation. Our founder believed in the Merit Shop philosophy where the “real net worth of a company is its employees: the efficiency, ambitions, attitudes, health, and stability.”
Aikens Group feels that an employee/employer connection is a relationship. It is both parties’ responsibility to watch out for what is best for each other to make the bond stronger and more successful. Every employee has the opportunity for continued education, development, and advancement within the company. It is important every employee feels engaged and are trained for their position. Internal promotions and transfers are a common practice for those interested in growing professionally and personally with the organization.
Learn more about Aikens Group at http://aikensgroup.com/mission-culture-community/.
The TownePlace Suites is an extended stay hotel in the Marriott portfolio of brands. Each guest room is designed to accommodate guests looking for a “like home” experience featuring a kitchenette in each guestroom. The properties amenities include an outdoor pool, spacious fitness center, guest laundry and outdoor living space with a grill and firepit.
The ideal candidate for this position is responsible for creating and maintaining a guest retention environment that inspires all employees to perform at their best. This individual will oversee the quality process to ensure excellence in guest satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product and services. This individual should have a drive to improve him or herself and train their associates in a manner that enables them to grow within the organization.
- Maintains guest services as the driving philosophy of the hotel
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding to guests needs.
- Is committed to making every guest completely satisfied with their stay.
- Ensures all staff is informed how to interact with the guests and the procedures on a guest complaint.
- Empowers hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
- Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external) to improve processes, products, and services
Marketing and Sales Management
- Develops and manages a sales plan based on the demand of the property to obtain new business.
- Understands the market and directs the property sales efforts to maximize on opportunities.
- Devotes a minimum of 10 hours a week building relationships with new and key accounts.
- Ensure hotel staff is familiar with key accounts and sales plan.
- Maintains a conservative budget to maximize profit margin.
- Identifies potential revenue and expense opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures staff is trained in financial control procedures are followed regularly.
- Manages the hotel’s demand segments, sources of business for each, and balances market segments according to supply and demand.
- Forecasts occupancy fluctuations and directs selling activities to maximize revenues.
Human Resource Management
- Manages human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning, and evaluation.
- Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
- Ensures hotel employees know hotel objectives of the property.
- Administers personnel policies fairly and consistently.
- Ensures personnel files are accurate and comply with both local and federal laws and regulations.
- Resolve employee grievances in a fair and timely manner.
- Ensure employees understand policies, procedures, and benefits
- Helps to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
- Ensures training objectives and development plans are completed for each team member
- Monitors and maintains acceptable turnover levels.
- Maintains physical product standards by managing preventative maintenance programs and deep-clean activities.
- Protects the interest of the hotel during capital projects.
- Consistently receives outstanding brand quality evaluations Remains knowledgeable of the properties overall condition in and outside of the building.