Hotel Maintenance Engineer
The Hotel Maintenance Engineer performs various tasks involving general, preventive, and emergency maintenance to a hotel. Various skills are required for different types of maintenance and repairs. It is the Engineer’s responsibility to perform various tasks throughout the property, inside and out, as required by management.
- Operational skills: A high amount of operational skills are required to be able to perform all types of maintenance jobs. The maintenance personnel must be knowledgeable of various trades including but not limited to carpentry, electrical, plumbing, drywall repair, pools, and painting.
- Customer service: The maintenance personnel are held to the same standard as all other hotel personnel. Ensuring every guest’s visit to an Aikens Group property is satisfactory is of the upmost priority.
- Scheduling and planning: The maintenance personnel has to perform a number of jobs at a time. Prioritizing jobs based on importance and guest impact is imperative.
The main task of a hotel maintenance engineer is to perform general, preventive and emergency maintenance.
Detailed lists of duties are as follows but not limited to:
- Repairing various equipment and replacing electronics
- Minor maintenance of appliances including refrigerators, boilers, washing machines, driers, swimming pool equipment, air conditioners, and heaters.
- Painting and drywall repair
- Wiring fixtures and changing ballasts
- Electronic door lock repair
- Sink and toilet repair
- Perform guestroom preventative maintenance.
- Light bulb and ceiling tile replacement
- Responding to guest complaints in a timely manner
- Keeping track of inspection dates and requirements of hotel brands.
- Periodic inspection of all safety equipment to ensure it is in place and in working order. Including, but not limited to, the fire alarm, emergency lighting, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, and eyewash stations.
- Refurbishing of chairs, tables, doors, windows and counters.
- Ground maintenance including maintaining a clean parking lot, gardening, landscaping, snow removal from sidewalks, and general swimming pools maintenance.
- Be on call 24/7 for emergency situations.
- Training of houseman