Line Cook – Hilton Garden Inn
REPORTS : Executive Chef
Line cooks will report to the Executive Chef and will work closely with the hotel’s food & beverage team. The Cook is responsible for preparing cooked foods, and must be able to perform all station functions for both breakfast and dinner service while providing the highest quality of service to customers and associates at all times.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, food processor, slicer, waffle iron and flat top grill.
- Prepare food of consistent quality and assist in kitchen functions.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per hotel brand standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per HGI standards.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.