Project Coordinator – H&W Construction
The project coordinator is considered to be a lead person responsible for the construction project that has been assigned to them. He or she will work under the direction of the Project Manager, Operations Manager, and the Vice President of Operations and will be responsible for the job in its entirety from the ground up. This individual could be tasked at tackling just about anything from estimating and bid preparation, managing field personnel and subcontractors, ordering of material, working with government agencies, approval of subcontractor and vendor invoices, and maintaining safe and professional working environment. He or she will also be required to be cross trained in other areas of the company such as Surveying, Auto Cadd Design programs, Crane Operations, and Property Maintenance. Projects may also include administrative projects related to proceeds for estimating, tracking of bid processes, material tracking and invoicing, and accounting.
AREAS OF UNDERSTANDING
The individual should have a strong understanding of the following items as they relate to the construction industry. Due to the variety of projects that the Aikens Group / H&W Construction targets for construction, a wide breadth of knowledge is desired for H&W Construction to be viewed as a valuable resource by a variety of clients. The areas of knowledge listed below will be necessary to provide guidance to lower level staff, and management as needed as well as communicate the needs clearly to Owners and Customers.
- Bid Process
- Estimating – Word and Excel
- Budgeting Knowledge
- Electric Communication
- Preconstruction Services
- Contract Administration
- Construction Scheduling – Microsoft Project
- Construction Administration – Change Orders, Change Directives, RFIS
- Job Safety OSHA and Company Policies
- Excavation Knowledge
- Building Knowledge of Commercial, Residential, and Multi-Family Dwellings
- Knowledge of Building Codes for Commercial and Residential Structures
- Strong Customer Service and Public Relation Skills
- Development of sites, utilities, and infrastructure
- Familiarity with sustainable design concepts
- Understanding of industry trends and innovations and the effect of our projects
- Assist with estimate take off and prepare construction budget for negotiated and conceptual projects.
- Proficiently processes, distributes and tracks status of all pre-bid/bid documents, addendums, correspondence.
- Effectively communicates with all subcontractors/suppliers in assigned trades throughout pre-bid period to confirm bidding status; convey bid requirements, addendums, alternatives, unit pricing; review scope and evaluate inclusions and exclusions and review/confirm schedule.
- Prepare all required paperwork for the proper permitting of the project.
- Uses information technology tools to efficiently and effectively perform job tasks.
- Maintain a construction schedule to achieve the milestones for the completion of the project.
- Provide a biweekly and monthly schedule of work to be completed to the Vice President, Operations Manager, and Project Manager.
- Perform on-site field visits to manage the work of the all H & W employees and/or subcontractors to insure all work is being completed in a safe and professional manner according the scope of work that has been outlined for the project.
- Implement, monitor, and train H & W employees and subcontractors on all OSHA and H & W safety guidelines and policies thru regular documented safety meetings.
- Maintain and monitor all required DEQ site paperwork and inspection reports.
- Manage the daily activities of assigned H & W employees to insure all company policies and procedures are followed. Report any areas of concern to Vice President of Operations, Operations Manager, and/or Human Resources.
- Professionally work with Architects, Engineers, and Building Officials to insure all projects meet or exceed all buildings codes, approved plans, and scope of work.
- Coordinate the delivery of material as required to complete the job with designated vendor. Insure material is used as outlined by bid documents to minimize waste of material.
- Consistently seeks to develop/expand relationships with and fill database of qualified subcontractors/suppliers
- Maintain a Photo Log documenting the job progress, areas of concern, and finish project.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the operational unit, company, or as directed by the Owners.
EDUCATION AND OTHER JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- College, Technical College, or Advanced Training in the Construction Field
- 5 years of Verified Construction Management Experience
- Commitment to working in a collaborative team environment
- Goal orientated
- Ability to work independently as required
- Present a positive professional manner to customers, employees
- Good leadership and motivational skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Commitment to achieving the both personal and organizational goals.
*THE INTENT OF THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS TO PROVIDE A REPRESENTATIVE SUMMARY OF THE MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED BY EMPLOYEES IN THIS JOB. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUESTED TO PERFORM JOB-RELATED TASKS OTHER THAN THESE SPECIFICALLY PRESENTED IN THIS DESCRIPTION, AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ANY TASKS REQUESTED BY THE SUPERVISOR AND/OR BY THE MANAGEMENT.