Assistant Executive Housekeeper – Comfort Inn
REPORTS : Executive Housekeeper / Assistant Manager / General Manager
The Assistant Executive Housekeeper supervises and coordinates activities of room attendant, public area cleaners and laundry. He / She assists in the managing and directing of the day–to–day operations of all Housekeeping and laundry functions.
Also provides support to the Executive Housekeeper in all areas of Housekeeping operation, such as staff training, coaching, counseling and also enforces to the hotels standard operating procedures.
Participates in and enforces quality assurance for Housekeeping Department and department cost control measures. Experience with turndown service, special needs of VIP Guests, etc. is helpful. The Assistant Executive Housekeeper should have an eye for detail and the ability to effectively deal with guests, other departments and housekeeping staff.
Responsibility & Authority:
- Obtains list of vacant rooms to be cleaned immediately & list of prospective checkouts or discharges in order to prepare work assignments.
- Assigns team members their duties, and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Prepares and distributes the Room assignment sheet and floor keys
- Maintain clear and efficient communication and coordination with the Front Office and other departments of the hotel.
- Schedules the cleaning of the room carpets, upholstery, and draperies as needed, along with deep cleaning projects and window cleaning as necessary.
- Schedules cleaning for lobby area, public restrooms, telephone areas, hallways, entrances, elevators.
- Schedules periodic major cleaning projects including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows, elevator doors and tracks.
- Schedules deep cleaning of all meeting rooms on periodic basis including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows, etc.
- Inventories cleaning supplies & linen stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Ensures guest rooms are properly secured and that proper key control procedures are utilized by the housekeeping staff.
- Advises manager, desk clerk, of rooms ready for occupancy.
- Rewards employees who use their empowerment to meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Print all housekeeping related reports and traces from PMS.
- Assists in controlling expenses by the housekeeping department.
- Confirm all housekeeping staff members have arrived or find substitutes for absent employees.
- Maintain high quality of housekeeping standards in: 1) the guest rooms 2) linens and uniforms 3) lost and found procedures 4) laundry and 5) public area.
- Attend to any guest complaints and take service recovery measures if required.
- Review the housekeeping points on the guest feedback forms, take actions on guest complaints and also share guest compliments with staff members.
- Submit requests for repair and periodic maintenance of cleaning equipment.
- Prepares store requisition, purchase other supplies and equipment, also monitor par stock on all housekeeping guest supplies and linens.
Other Routine Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate with front office and sending room discrepancy lists.
- Select, staff, recruit, hire, and train qualified housekeeping candidates.
- Attends training seminars to perfect housekeeping techniques and procedures, and enhance supervisory skills.
- Records data concerning work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards.
- Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and patrons’ complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Orient and familiarize new personnel with hotel facilities and operating hours.
- Control all expenditures relating to Housekeeping, including labor, guest room supplies, and all cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Oversee any guest communications from housekeeping.
Education: Diploma or equivalent. Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc. Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Speak with correct English and well-modulated voice.
Minimum 2 years housekeeping experience in a supervisory capacity, 2 years line level experience in all aspects of the Housekeeping department.