Directly to Ownership
The Aikens Group is seeking an experienced Corporate Controller to manage the accounting operations of its dynamic organization. Managing an accounting team of eight individuals, the Controller will be responsible for all aspects of financial analysis, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting. Some human resource functions will also be managed by the Controller, including policy and procedure compliance and ongoing maintenance of human resource practices. The key objectives for this position are to develop a team, ensuring policies and procedures are established so key accounting functions are accurate, improve financial reporting and continually seek ways to enhance the overall operations of the company.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger and Cost Accounting and Payroll.
- Accurate and timely production of all financial information.
- Develop and maintain a system of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Manage outsourced function relationships in regards to employee benefits.
- Work closely with banking institutions and counsel for reporting and asset management.
- Issue timely and complete monthly financial statements.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Coordinate and manage the preparation of reports for external auditors.
- Support the month-end and year-end close process.
- Review the monthly accounting close process including an analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax return with an outside CPA firm.
- Manage projects related to the overall accounting functions of the company.
- Review of expenses incurred on behalf of multiple entities such as software, management and operation fees, accounting services, etc.
- Perform analytical reviews of financial performance to identify areas of potential concern.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Perform internal audits for compliance on policies and procedures.
- Prior Experience as a Controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting.
- C.P.A is preferred but not required
- Detail oriented and organized
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Carries themselves professional with strong communication skills
- Competence in personal computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite of Products)
- Prior management experience
- Sage 300 CRE experience is a plus
Competitive benefit and compensation package. All candidates are subject to a financial credit and background check along with random drug screening.