Residential Property Manager
The Aikens Group is seeking a reliable, experienced property manager who is customer service focused to be responsible for the management and oversight of various residential properties in West Virginia. The chosen individual will manage the day-to-day financial operations of the property including coordinating the leasing of vacant units, ensuring the property is in good working order and the tenants are treated with exceptional customer service.
Directly to Ownership
- Maintains a positive, productive relationship with tenants.
- Demonstrate a positive, professional and client-oriented attitude about the company with coworkers, tenants, clients and the public whether contact is by mail, telephone or in person.
- Constantly strive for improvements in work process and results to better meet client’s expectations.
- Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from current tenants; explaining advantages of location and services; showing units.
- Contracts with tenants by negotiating leases and collecting payments.
- Coordinate collection and documentation of all revenues following lease obligations of tenants and the owner’s policy on accounts receivable.
- Collect delinquent accounts promptly. Communicate with accounting department to ensure the accuracy of rent roll and accounts receivable.
- Engage, contract, supervise and approve invoices for all goods/services required to maintain the properties up to company and owner standards.
- Develop a network of emergency services and be available for 24 hour per weekend coverage as required.
- Negotiates lease/contracts with contractors for the property.
- Assists ownership with rental rates by surveying local rental rates
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints and enforcing rules of occupancy.
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with State and Company Guidelines.
- Maintains building systems by inspecting the property, working with the maintenance personnel and supervise all repairs to ensure tenant satisfaction.
- Makes recommendations to ownership on ways to enhance property value and occupancy levels.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Prepare and/or implement procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
- Build Relationships with prospective clients and businesses to expand on opportunities to increase occupancy within the Aikens Group Portfolio.
- Proven work experience as a property manager
- Knowledge of all rules and regulations surrounding property management.
- Detail Oriented and Organized
- Carries themselves Professional with strong communication skills
- Customer/Tenant and Safety Focused
- Results Driven
- Competence in personal computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite of Products)
- Participates in professional organizations and maintains a personal network of business clientele
- Be able to work evenings and weekends in case of emergencies
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws
Competitive benefit and compensation package. All candidates are subject to a financial credit and background check along with random drug screening.