Commercial Property Manager
The Commercial Property Manager’s primary objective is to oversee all the operations of the commercial real estate division of Aikens Group. They are responsible for the implementation and administration of policies, procedures, and programs on a daily basis to ensure all aspects of the Commercial Real Estate portfolio are well maintained. The individual holding this position must exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, and have attention to detail when dealing with items in a timely manner. The Commercial Property Manager will need to be able to work independently on projects from conception to completion and handle a variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and enforce all lease terms, including: timely billing, rent collection, tenant adherence to lease requirements, and issuance of default letters.
- Develop strong market knowledge to understand local demographics, competition, and media influences.
- Maintain the safety and integrity of all buildings, systems, and equipment to ensure compliance with all codes, laws, and environmental regulations.
- Provide immediate and appropriate response to any security and/or accident issues/incidents, including proper notification of the insurance company.
- Maintain a current assessment of property management procedures.
- Initiate and distribute timely reports to owners on financial, marketing, and maintenance information.
- Assist in the collection and resolution of rent and other tenant charges.
- Monitor each lease for specific uses, clauses, and restrictions.
- Address all tenant concerns, inquiries and maintenance issues in a timely manner.
- Perform building inspections.
- Solicit for new tenants through outbound calls, visits, and mailers.
- Involved in the VA and WV communities through networking activities.
- Negotiating real-estate contracts and leases in Virginia and West Virginia.
- Researching development opportunities.
- Managing subcontractor contracts and ensuring duties are performed in an acceptable manner.
- Complete a weekly report regarding duties assigned and completed.
- Maintaining current marketing efforts and assisting in future strategies and plans.
- Give constructive feedback on the direction of the portfolio and company efforts.
- Work with local, state, and federal governments to monitor their immediate and future needs
- Conduct exit interviews with vacating tenants, inspect units for damage and completing the Move-In/Move-Out Inspections.
- Ability to work effectively with H&W Construction maintenance staff in order to ensure the property is maintained.
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements:
- Must be attentive to details.
- Be timely in all communications and requests by ownership.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite of products.
- Must have the ability to handle pressure in meeting deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Must have the ability to work independently and use independent judgment with minimal supervision.
- Must produce high-quality work that has been proofed and is error free.