Line Cooks will report directly to the Executive Chef and will work closely with the hotel’s Food and Beverage Manager as well as servers and banquet staff. Line Cooks are responsible for preparing cooked foods, and must be able to perform all station functions for both breakfast, lunch, and dinner service while providing the highest quality of service to customers and associates at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, food processor, slicer, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
- Prepare food of consistent quality and assist in kitchen functions.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per hotel brand standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line setup. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet items stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per HGI standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements
- Must be attentive to details.
- Be timely in all communications and requests by management
- Must have the ability to handle pressure in meeting deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Must have the ability to work independently and use independent judgment with minimal supervision.
- Must produce high-quality work that has been proofed and is error free.