Sales and Event Coordinator
Reports: Executive Director of Hotel Sales & Marketing
Location: Hampton Inn North and Convention Center
The Sales and Events Coordinator is responsible for the daily administrative duties within the sales office as well as the internal sales and marketing functions of the hotel. The chosen candidate will communicate to each department the details of events and room blocks booked at the property. The Sales and Events Coordinator maintains the filing system and distribution of paperwork to different departments within the hotel and ensures each department is fully aware of the different aspects of the event. The Sales and Events Coordinator offers support to the management team as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to all incoming inquiries and leads.
- Manage and communicate important information to different departments.
- Create Banquet Event Orders, Booking Overview Resumes and Letter of Agreements per leads.
- Ensure each event and room block has all necessary information for the hotel e.g. signed contracts, method of payments, contact information, etc.
- General sales office filing and paperwork
- Maintaining sales files and contact information in the sales software
- Loading information for each event into a sales software
- Distribution of all Event Orders and Booking Overviews to department heads
- Running the weekly Banquet Event Meeting
- Assist in service of events when needed.
- Supports guest service as the hotel’s driving philosophy.
- Personally, demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding to guests’ needs.
- Attends scheduled meetings with the management team, owners and sales team as assigned.
- Provides Sales Software Support for Aikens Group Sales Team.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements:
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Able to communicate professionally with guests and colleagues via email and phone
- Demonstrates a commitment to guest service and hospitality by responding to guest’s request and needs in an appropriate manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effectively use the hotel’s booking system to create group room blocks and set up accounts for billing