H&W Construction is seeking a skilled tradesman with at least 5 years in the carpentry field. The chosen applicant will be awarded a full-time job with potential growth opportunities. Work to be performed within 30 miles of Winchester VA including Woodstock VA and Martinsburg WV. Applicants must be detail-oriented with the willingness to work together as a team to ensure project schedules are met but the quality of build is never compromised.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Read blueprints, drawings, and sketches to fully grasp requirements.
- Work with wood and metal framing materials.
- Install windows, doors, staircases, and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items.
- Layout floors, walls, roofing trusses, and drywall ensuring they are leveled and compatible.
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures.
- Utilize hand tools such as chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders to repair and erect structures.
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives.
- Work on top of stilts, ladders, and the top beams of buildings.
- Check work along the way to ensure it’s up to code and specifications.
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure.
- 40 hours a week with occasional overtime.