Reports: Corporate Controller
The Senior Accountant manages the accounting operations of H&W Construction. This position is responsible for all aspects of billing, financial analysis, and financial reporting. The key objectives of this position are to work closely with project managers in order to monitor job performance and control costs, ensure policies and procedures are being followed, and key accounting functions are accurate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and review work of Accounts Payable and Payroll Accountant.
- Setup new contracts, jobs, cost codes, and rates in Sage 300 CRE accounting software and ensure data accuracy.
- Ensure all subcontractor and material invoices are processed and posted in a timely manner.
- Generate, post, and review bi-monthly invoices; analyze progressive billing for various contracts.
- Work closely with Project Managers to help review and analyze job costs and billing reports.
- File sales and use tax with various jurisdictions monthly.
- Reconcile bank accounts, update bank accounts balance summary daily.
- Conduct the month end close which includes posting month end entries, balance sheet reconciliation, and analysis of income statements.
- Assist the Corporate Controller with the preparation of management reports and variables analysis.
- Maintain fixed assets schedules and reconcile them to GL accounts.
- Identify process and procedural improvements, maintain and improve internal controls.
- Serve as a backup for Payroll Accountant.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive accounting experience in construction company that includes extensive knowledge of various contract types, general ledger, payroll, job costing, and progressive billing.
- Strong understanding of GAAP.
- Advanced knowledge of Sage 300CRE or similar construction software desired.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite of products.
- Must have the ability to handle pressure in meeting deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Must have the ability to work independently and use independent judgment with minimal supervision.
- Must produce high-quality work that has been proofed and is error free.
- Be able to work well in a team environment