Director of Sales – TownePlace Suites, Hampton Inn Front Royal, Fairfield Inn & Suites
Vice Presidents/Executive Director of Hotel Sales & Marketing
This position is a shared position between 3 of the hotels in the Aikens Portfolio. The Hampton Inn Front Royal with 102 rooms located in Front Royal, VA, the TownePlace Suites, a new 84 room extended stay hotel located in Front Royal, VA, and the Fairfield Inn & Suites a 85 room hotel located in Winchester, VA.
The Director of Sales is responsible for the sales and marketing functions of their hotels. They will develop and execute strategic sales plans through direct sales, marketing, e-commerce channels, public relations and community partnerships with the hotel team. They work with a team of sales professionals to collaborate and learn from on another. The Director of Sales will be an active part of the community through networking and maintaining a professional rapport with local businesses and organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Profit Management
- Meets or exceeds budgeted RevPAR for the hotel.
- Prepares hotel’s Annual Marketing plan.
- Prepares departmental budget that correctly reflects the hotel’s business plan.
- Forecasts occupancy fluctuations and directs selling activities to maximize revenues.
- Knows the hotel’s demand segments, sources of business for each, and balances market segments according to supply and demand.
- Knows the principal competition for each market segment and takes advantage of hotel’s strengths against each competitor.
- Accurately forecasts occupancy changes based on changing market conditions (additions to supply and demand, etc.).
- Guest Services
- Supports guest service as the hotel’s driving philosophy.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding to guests’ needs.
- Marketing & Sales Management
- Develops and assists with development of the hotel’s marketing and sales plan based on the hotel’s position and strengths within each market segment.
- Implements hotel’s marketing and sales plan.
- Analyzes and understands the competition’s strengths and weaknesses for each market segment and successfully directs marketing activities against each.
- Identifies and maintains constant communications with the hotel’s key accounts.
- Actively sells room nights through outside sales calls, telemarketing, tours, etc.
- Actively sells to in-house guests (greeting tours, talking with guests at breakfast to surface additional leads, etc.)
- Knows the competition well and is familiar with all ‘business’ in the market, where that ‘business’ stays and why.
- Uses the resources available in the hotel brand manual to surface, call on, and track potential new business.
- Human Resource Management
- Ensures that hotel employees (specifically front desk staff) are familiar with key accounts and ‘specifics’ (special rates, special requirements, etc.) relating to business booked in the hotel.
- Helps to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements
- Able to appropriately handle difficult or emotional customer situations
- Responds well to questions
- Demonstrates group presentation skills
- Proficient with computer operations including Microsoft Suite
- Able to contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Has the ability to read and interpret written information
- Must be attentive to details.
- Be timely in all communications and requests by management
- Must have the ability to handle pressure in meeting deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Must have the ability to work independently and use independent judgment with minimal supervision.
- Must produce high-quality work that has been proofed and is error free.