Reports: Project Manager
An electrician for H&W Construction is responsible for both new construction jobs, retrofitting jobs & maintenance work. After familiarizing yourself with our work order system, it will be your responsibility to complete the maintenance needs of our different tenants, and update the work order system showing that the work was completed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean up any messes made
- Understand and apply blueprints
- Inspect electrical components and ensure proper functioning
- Use testing devices to identify and report electrical problems
- Use hand and power tools
- Adhere to state and local building regulations
- Complete work orders on time
- Create records of materials used
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements:
- Must be attentive to details.
- Must be punctual
- Be timely in all communications and requests by ownership.
- Must have the ability to handle pressure in meeting deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Must have the ability to work independently and use independent judgment with minimal supervision.
- Experience with both commercial & residential electrical work is preferred.
- Must make sure that all electrical work that is done is up to code.
- Must be able to use critical thinking skills to troubleshoot problems and find solutions.