Front Desk Agent/Guest Service Agent
Front Office Manager
The Front Desk agent represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay. They are responsible for operating the front desk while providing a variety of hotel services for guests in order to optimize guest satisfaction and hotel revenues. Front Desk Agents must possess strong telephone skills, excellent hospitality skills, strong problem-solving skills, and be detail oriented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Book guest reservations using knowledge of occupancy, arrivals and departure information.
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome.
- Register guest into hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up selling techniques to maximize room rates.
- Prepare for all group check ins and outs, VIP arrivals, and any special assignments given.
- Pre-register, block reservations following hotel rate structures, discounts and sell strategies.
- Handle cash and credit card transactions accurately and securely.
- Be familiar with all events, functions, and groups as well as the hotel brand, product and surrounding area.
- Protect confidential guest information and the privacy of guests
- Work closely with Housekeeping in keeping room statuses up to date.
- Coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements
- Must be attentive to details.
- Be timely in all communications and requests by management
- Must have the ability to handle pressure in meeting deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Must have the ability to work independently and use independent judgment with minimal supervision.
- Must produce high-quality work that has been proofed and is error free.