Public Space – Comfort Inn
Reports: Executive Housekeeper
The Public Space person is responsible for keeping all common areas dusted, vacuumed, and mopped. They are responsible for the hotel’s public restrooms, laundry rooms, fitness center, and pool areas cleanliness and making sure they are all fully stocked with supplies. The individual is responsible for cleaning up the exterior of the hotel including the parking lot trash cans and ashtrays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Vacuuming and sweeping carpets and floors
- Mopping floors in the lobby, entry ways, restrooms, etc.
- Utilizing “Wet Floor Signs” BEFORE mopping and ensuring they are in visible locations
- Dusting, brushing, polishing and vacuuming furniture
- Dusting and cleaning room decorations, appliances and structural surfaces
- Providing information to guests about hotel services, facilities and other amenities
- Providing information to guests about local attractions
- Listening and responding to guest requests or complaints
- Helping to keep employee areas cleaned and fully stocked
- Help in other areas of the Housekeeping Department within the hotel as needed
- Helping with breaks in the breakfast area
- Cleaning trash in parking lot and exterior areas
- Cleaning ashtrays/stands
- Cleaning and stocking hotel public restrooms
- Cleaning and stocking fitness center
- Cleaning and stocking pool area
- Cleaning and stocking guest laundry
- Helping with weeding, planting, and/or pruning of hotel’s outdoor flower and plant décor
- Helping setup banquet areas and provide services per management requests
- Reporting lost and found articles to supervisor and filling out required information
- Reporting any maintenance issues found throughout the public space of the hotel
- Clean up spills as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements:
- Must be attentive to details.
- Be timely in all communications and requests by ownership.
- Must have the ability to handle pressure in meeting deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Must have the ability to work independently and use independent judgment with minimal supervision.
- Must produce high-quality work that has been proofed and is error free.